What does it mean to be a member?
The North Carolina Chamber exists because a group of business leaders got together (in our case, more than 70 years ago) because they realized that what happens at the state capitol matters to their business. In fact, roughly 40 percent of the laws that impact business are passed at the state level. So much of our work positively impacts the expense side of your ledger. Issues such as taxes, workers’ compensation, unemployment insurance, healthcare mandates, regulations, environmental and safety issues, legal and tort reform, among others, are all issues in which we focus. In addition, the Chamber has been a longtime advocate for education and workforce development. We are here to fight for you.
North Carolina Chamber members are…
- the first invited to participate in & attend North Carolina Chamber events
- sent timely newsletters as well as hot-topic issue and action alerts
- invited to participate in legislative candidate forums
- provided intelligence on legislative races and growing the “business caucus”
- allowed to contribute critical input through the Chamber’s policy committees
- invited to participate in legislative briefing webinars
- eligibile to receive NC Chamber-preferred services
- allowed to contribute critical input through grassroots and grasstops participation
- given the opportunity to engage employees in legislative and electoral processes
- considered in policy development via member surveys
These are just a few of the many perks and benefits of being a member of the North Carolina Chamber. Fill out this quick form if you’d like to hear from a Chamber representative that can explain what membership would look like for you and your company.
More than 330 companies have agreed to support the jobs agenda by participating in our Cornerstone membership program. We truly believe that the North Carolina Chamber is well-positioned to positively impact the future, and when companies like yours are behind our efforts, our chances of success increase exponentially!
Interested in speaking at one of our signature events? Complete our online application and a representative will be in touch with you.