- Employers are taking steps to control the cost of health insurance by either increasing contributions and/or reducing beneﬁt levels.
- In transferring cost burden to participating employees, the results are contradictory to stated objectives of ACA as it will be more difficult and costly for participants to access health care.
- More and more employers are changing full-time positions to part-time to avoid employer requirements of the law which could negatively impact employee morale, productivity and loyalty.
- Employers are frustrated with complexities, costs and administrative burdens imposed by ACA and increasingly considering the elimination or reduction of employee beneﬁt plans.
- Overall perception and trending impact of the law is negative with ACA reducing proﬁts and making it more difficult for businesses to compete.
- Check out the survey results infographic.
It is apparent from these survey findings that the implementation and complexities of the health care reform law have created a lot of uncertainty for employers and employees, alike. Tell us what you thinkon health care reform and how it impacts your business. Your input and first-hand expertise as a business leader and part of our Action Response Team is important to us!
Vice President, Government Affairs
North Carolina Chamber